Silverton Windfarm 33KV
33KV Overhead Line Construction Silverton Wind Farm projects was located in the Barriers Ranges (NSW) approximately 25 km NW of Broken Hill and 7km N of Silverton and consisted of the installation of 56 wind turbines and associated infrastructure. The Wind Farm Electrical Balance of Plant scope of works was awarded to Consolidated Power Projects (CPP) who in turn engaged Cowell Electric to construct;
• Installation of 51 slip jointed tubular steel structures ranging from 15 – 30m long.
• Installation of all cross arms and support structures, line hardware fittings and clamps etc.
• Pre stringing testing of all OPGW conductor Drums
• Stringing of 9.6km of single circuit overhead power line
• Stringing 7.7km of dual circuit overhead power line
• OPGW Termination
• Structure earthing
Due to the terrain of this windfarm site encountered we engaged the services of Leading Edge Helicopter to assist us with our stringing activities to ensure that this project was delivered on time for the end customer.
- Location: 25KM North West of Broken Hill
- Project Value: $3.2M
- Project Completion: April 2018
- Client Name: Consolidated Power Projects
- Industry: Renewable Energy