REPORTING A POWER OUTAGE
Before calling to report the power is out there are a few things to check:
1. Are other lights and electrical equipment working?
2. Look outside for damage, such as wires down or trees lying across powerlines. Stay away from any fallen powerlines or trees lying across powerlines.
3. Check if your neighbours have power. If they do, the problem could be inside your home. Check your main fuses or circuit breakers to see if they have blown or tripped. If this is the case contact your electrician as the problem may be within your home. Do not touch any wiring or electrical appliances that may be unsafe.
Once you have assessed the situation, call Cowell Electric’s emergency service on 1800 805 020
You will hear a pre-recorded message, press 1 for Power Outage or Emergency. Our staff will ask questions about;
- Your name and property type
- The area you are from
- Your address
- Whether your property is the only one affected
- The time the power went out.
If we have already received other calls reporting the problem we will advise you of that and use your information to update our crews.