Remote Areas Energy Generation
Cowell Electric has a proud history of supporting regional communities with their electricity generation needs. From 1928 Cowell Electric owned and operated the power supply, including Generation, Distribution of electricity to the customers in the District Council of Franklin Harbour.
The power station was closed in 1970 when the State Grid was extended from Port Augusta to Port Lincoln. The company continued performing this function for over 20 years for the South Australian Government for their Remote Areas Energy supply townships including the APY lands, Kingoonya, Marla, Glenadambo, Marree to name a few.
In 2016 we were re awarded this contract and we presently hold the Generation licenses on behalf of the South Australian Government Department for Energy & Mining to operate and maintain the off grid power generation and distribution scheme (RAES) for fourteen
- National Footprint
- Australian Made
- ISO Safe, Environment & Quality Certification