Carrapateena 11 KV Powerline
Carrapateena Project is a significant global copper resource mine located approximately 160km North of Port Augusta. Cowell Electric was engaged by Ausenco Downer Joint Venture for this project to design and construct approximately 7.5km of 11kV overhead powerline, from the newly constructed substation to the new village accommodation.
The line design was optimised between our designers and our construction team to ensure the best possible outcome for our client.
The final design consisted of;
• 40 x 17m galvanised steel monopoles
• 33klm of 54/7/3.0 ACSR/GZ – Mango conductors 11klm of 72 core SMOF (Single Mode Optic Fibre)
• optical ground wire (OPGW)
• OPGW Coyotes installed at the plant and village
• termination poles and mid-wat along the line
During the boring of the pole foundations we encountered rock we were unable to penetrate with our machine, we engaged QCS to mobilise a Soilmec that made short work of the rock and kept the project on schedule.
- Location: 160km North of Port Augusta,
- SA Project Value: $1M Project
- Completion: August 2019
- Client Name: Ausenco/Downer JV
- Industry: Mining