Carrapateena 11 KV Powerline
Carrapateena Project is a significant global copper resource mine located approximately 160km North of Port Augusta. Cowell Electric Supply were engaged by Oz Minerals on this project to design, supply and construct approximately 6.4km of 11kV Overhead Lines.
This project had a tight schedule for practical completion due to client commissioning requirements; however, Cowell Electric were able to overcome adversities in material delays and proudly handover the project ahead of schedule.
The scope of works for this project included;
• 6.4km of 11kV Overhead Lines configured as 2 by 3.2km circuits, from the new substation to three vent fan locations, VR1, VR2 and VR3.
• 69 x 15.5m galvanised steel monopoles, 19klm of 61/3.75 AAAC – Sulfur conductors
• 6.4klm of 72 core SMOF (Single Mode Optic Fibre) optical ground wire (OPGW)
• OPGW Coyotes installed at the plant and VR1, VR2 and VR3
• 6 x ABS installed
• 4 Sets of 400 KV BIL: 110 SMD-40 Station – Vertical
• Outdoor Distribution Power Fuse Mounting, special request by the client, sourced internationally
- Location: 160km North of Port Augusta, SA
- Project Value: $2.4M
- Project Completion: October 2019
- Client Name: Oz Minerals
- Industry: Mining